Evopos can send emails by using your email providers server.
Evopos simply acts as a client and so any issues around emailing are down to your email settings and provider.
- Navigate to Settings\System\Comms
- Enter your outgoing / SMTP server details, username and password
- Click Save
Emails can be sent from multiple areas in Evopos.
- Email button in Contacts
- Email button in Report Viewer
- Tick Box in Sales Finish
- Bulk Emailing in Contacts\Comms
Email providers can limit the amount of emails you can send per day.
- Google Gmail - 100 per day
- Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail - 300 per day
Bulk Email Provider
You can set a reply email if your provider does not support sending from multiple addresses under one account.
In your operator email from field, enter reply: then the email address. eg: reply:firstname.lastname@example.org
When receipt receives the email it will be from the main email address set in System\Comms, but when they reply it will use the reply email address.
- Check your SMTP details and credentials are correct
- Check you have internet access
- Read the error message, in can provide details on why the email did not send
- Email providers set email limits on how many you can send per day
Gmail Authentication - SMTP Error 530
- Navigate to this link: https://myaccount.google.com/security
- Turn on the setting "Allow Less Secure Apps"
- Your account may have been marked as flagged for this address if so please visit https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha on the PC which isn't sending email to reset this flag, it should then allow you to send emails again.
Using an iCloud Email
When using an iCloud account you will need to generate an app-specific password to connect it to Evopos.
To generate and use app-specific passwords, your Apple ID must be protected with two-factor authentication.
Generate an app-specific password
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
- Follow the steps on your screen.
After you generate your app-specific password, enter or paste it into the password field of your email in comms as you would normally.